Monday, January 28

Time To Declare???

I think I may be ready to declare my major as Anthropology. I'm tentative though because I could just be exceptionally excited due to hormones. But the point is I LOVE anthro and my anthro class. I really love my teacher. I had a meeting with her last Friday just to talk and ask some questions and it was AWESOME. She's fabulous. She's the kind of woman I want to be. I don't mean have the same life or anything, but she exhibits the qualities that someday I'd like to exhibit as well. It's amazing that I could get paid to do the things I do and think the things I think every day. In Cultural Anthropology we're reading about the things that have been on my mind for the last 5 years. I get exceptionally excited about it, sometimes to the point of hand-flapping. It's certainly not the only thing I'm interested in, nor will it ever be, but it's one umbrella that encompasses a lot of my interests. Maybe it's not the only thing I want to do, but it is something I want to do.
The following are selections from Queer Customs by Clyde Kluckhohn, which we read in class, which make me want to declare.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment